Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Zojoji Temple

Three times on the news yesterday I saw the New Year Celebration at the Zojoji temple, which was right next to our hotel in Tokyo. I just couldn't resist a little bit of reminiscing. If you want to see some video, google New Year Tokyo Tower. When you see the u-tube video with the transparent balloons you will be in the right place. I could link it here, but what fun would that be?? Best New Year Wishes to everyone!


Front entrance to the temple

The ropes ring the temple bell. Leave a contribution in the box between the ropes. Yen fell into the box all during the two prayer sessions I attended.


Here is my book with the inscription from the Zojoji temple, and the tiny cat charm for my cell phone; my last purchase before boarding the bus for the airport.



Priceless memories for only 200 yen!

No comments: