Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5th, Day five of NaPoWriMo

Another Easter poem:

Riding the Scooter to the Country Club for Easter Lunch

maybe I should have been suspect
when he asked me to check the weather
"no rain till Wednesday," I reported
thinking of the shed project

thinking it was another joke
I was, after all, dressed for lunch
had painted my toenails purple
to match the tie-dyed skirt
enough of a statement there
no need to don a helmet

but we all know by now
he was serious
so I buttoned my long-sleeved
over-shirt, hiked my skirt
above my knees
and grabbed him around the waist

there were many ways I was lucky
it was Easter Sunday
little traffic
we took back roads
not the interstate
the roads were dry
it was warm
the road was not too bumpy

but still I held tight
gripped him with my thighs
moved with his body
contemplated a fall

he was easy, confident
I asked if he felt me
holding tight
but no, he thought
me fearless
and on the way home
I almost was


No comments: