Saturday, December 22, 2007

News From Kenya!

The guys made it through customs, up the mountain and back to base camp. Yea!

I finally got a text from Ken who had spoken with them, then he sent me the number of a cell phone at the camp. I called and spoke with both of them for a few. They were aching, but elated at the accomplishment. They didn't make it as far as they wanted because it started to snow (three inches) and to be safe they stopped there. I'm a little bit sketchy on the details, but nice to hear they kept their wits about them and didn't try anything reckless.

Jack said that he sweet talked his way through customs, but one of the blue bags filled with life jackets went missing. He does have the gift of the silver tongue, don't I know.

From here they will go back to Nairobi and then out to Kilifi on the Indian Ocean coast. Not sure about too many details yet. Photos will not be available until they come back on the 2nd or 3rd.

1 comment:

dotsmom said...

Nadine,

Found your blog. Great pictures. I'm going to bookmark this.

Kathleen